Beauty from within: Pomegranate's effects on digestive and skin health
The symbiotic relationship between phenolic compounds and gut microbiota have gained attention due to their relevance in supporting human health, specifically in their role for gut & digestive support as well as skin health and beauty from within. In particular, pomegranate has long been associated with possessing high content antioxidant polyphenols, in particular ellagitannins such as punicalagins and their gut-derived metabolites, urolithins.
Overall, findings from pre-clinical and human clinical studies support pomegranate ellagitannins, namely punicalagins, can:
- exert prebiotic effects to enhance the growth of beneficial bacteria;
- alleviate gut microbial imbalance induced conditions;
- promote gut/digestive health by mediating the balance of pro- and anti-inflammatory status;
- offer skin health support through a balanced skin-gut microbiome;
- promote supple skin through collagen and elastin maintenance & AGE inhibition;
- support dermal and skin appearance from within.
Register to download the full paper today
- Enter your email and "Lookup" to see if your details are on our system.
- Fill in your contact details if we do not have them.
- Confirm it's really you by receiving our verification email.